Executive Director's Message
Medical Superintendent Message
Our Objective :
Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology aims to promote and restore the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by heart disease. Our services help patients and their families learn about treatments, identify risk factors and work toward making heart-healthy lifestyle changes. Our objectives demonstrate our commitment to the promotion of health, education, clinical care and research:
People are the heart of our efforts and the source of our strength. Through teamwork, our staff provides care that is respectful, responsive, and courteous. Service and advanced technology are the key to our success. We focus on what is best for our patients and empower our staff to meet patient needs. This enables us to add value to our services and continuously improve our processes.
- To improve quality of life for the cardiac patient through intervention, non-intervention and surgical cardiology services.
- To provide counseling on heart-healthy living; this will reduce the risk of further coronary heart disease.
- To reduce further admissions to hospital for coronary heart disease.
- To reduce deaths from coronary heart disease.
- To reduce health care costs.
Foster development and profile research in the cardiac therapeutic, prevention and risk reduction field from all groups of health care professionals. Link various programs at Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology to the heart and vascular program and cardiac patients via satellite projects pertaining to health promotion.
- To enhance and ensure the development of multidisciplinary cardiovascular health workforce who has broad-based knowledge and skills.
- Provide a variety of continuing medical education activities for health workforce which will create an environment of contemporary life-long learning, and meet the clearly defined needs in our changing health care environment.
- Design educational programs to introduce new information, observational research concepts and technical skills applicable to the therapeutic practices of specialty physicians by bringing the latest state-of-the art diagnostic and treatment advances to cardiologists.
Monthly Best Performers
Following Officer's & Officials are Best Performers of the Month !
Dr Kiran Azim
Mst Tahira Nargis
Mr Muhammad Sajjad